Christos, when I was pregnant with you I was obsessed with eating berries. I would eat so many raspberries, blueberries, strawberries and blackberries. I just couldn’t get enough. Then you came into the world, and filled our hearts and lives with so much happiness. Everywhere I would go, strangers would comment about your happy nature, and your big bright smile. You still are and will always be our big bright star. We love you more than words can say. You are a sensitive, pure hearted and a loveable boy, who always jumps on mummy’s lap for cuddles and kisses. Thank you for making me a mummy. I am so proud of you. I hope one day you can say that you are proud of me also, and all the things I do for you. Everything I do and everything I am is for you and your brother.
Raspberry and thyme fudge bites.
You will need:
1 cup of raspberries;
5 or 6 strands of thyme with the herb removed from the vine;
1 cup of desiccated coconut;
1 cup of peanuts;
2 tablespoons of honey;
2 tablespoons of maple or golden syrup;
1 tablespoon of almond or cashew spread;
about 300 grams of dark cooking chocolate.
What to do:
- Place the following into your high powered food processor the coconut and peanuts and put on high until the mixture is a fine crumb;
- Add the honey, syrup, raspberries and thyme and mix further until well combined;
- Prepare a tin with baking paper and prepare the mixture into bite size pieces, placing each in a row on the tray.
- Place straight into the freezer for 30 minutes or so, until set.
- Place the chocolate over a stainless steel bowl over hot boiling water on the stove and mix until chocolate is melted and creamy;
- Set aside to slightly cool;
- Take the fudge out of the freezer and dip each one into the chocolate;
- Place back into the tin and into the freezer for a further 20 minutes or so;
- Take out and serve immediately.
Love, Barbara xo