My baby Markus – You’re my little bundle of joy.
Your big blue eyes sparkle and your face lights up with happiness. You are my little monkey, my second little baby. Dont grow up too fast, I need to enjoy every moment with you and treasure it forever.
I made these when I put Markus to sleep during his midday nap – I felt like something very minty so i hope you enjoy it as much as we did ! 🙂
2 cups desiccated coconut;
1 cup of almond meal;
3/4 cup of coconut cream;
2 tablespoons of coconut oil;
1 tablespoon of honey;
2 teaspoons of peppermint extract
1 cup of cacao butter;
1/2 cup of cocoa powder;
2-4 tablespoons of golden syrup (you can probably also use maple syrup)
How to do it:
- Place the desiccated coconut and almond meal into your food processor and mix for about 5 minutes on high;
- Add the coconut cream, coconut oil, honey and peppermint extract into the food processor and mix for a further 2 or 3 minutes or until well combined;
- Mould them into chew bite sizes using your hands (small,medium or large) and line them up onto a paper lined baking tray and place them straight into the freezer to set.
Meanwhile, make the chocolate-
- Place into a small saucepan the 1 cup of cacao butter (note, the 1 cup should be when it is liquid form, not solid form), and cook until it is dissolved;
- Place into a bowl – the cacao butter when it has cooled slightly, the cocoa powder and the golden syrup. Mix gently and evenly. This will form a rich, silky chocolate to dip your mints into. If you like the chocolate extra sweet, then add more golden syrup until you reach your desired chocolate taste. (I actually like my chocolate a little more bitter than sweet);
- Take the mints out of the freezer and dip each one into the chocolate using your hands, placing them immediately back into the tray;
- Freeze for about 30 minutes or so until they are set and serve immediately;
- When you are not eating these mints ensure they are in the fridge or the freezer as they will get soft quickly with the room temperature.
Hope you enjoyed this simple recipe and ensure you comment and tell me what you think!
Happy Sunday!!! Love, Barbara xo